Strategy can mean a lot of things. In this module, you’ll encounter examples of strategy in action that demonstrate what people mean when they talk about strategy.
A good strategy is profitable- achieving a higher profit margin than the industry average. This interdisciplinary approach to strategic management includes analysis, planning and implementation of said strategies.
Our approach to this training programme is practical, with real life cases being studied, it helps trainees identify opportunities that the firm in the case study did not take and imagine other scenarios and effects if a different strategy was employed.
Learning Outcomes / Key Takeaways (Suitable For)
In this programme you will be able to:
- Describe examples of strategy in action.
- Recognize strategic situations.
- Explain the difference between strategy as “position” and strategy as “capability” (and why that matters).
- Lead strategically.
- Execute strategy through organizational design.
Outline: (Modes of Delivery)
Module 1: Mastering Strategy: Art and Science
- Intended, Emergent, and Realized Strategies
- The History of Strategic Management
- Understanding the Strategic Management Process
Module 2: Selecting Business-Level Strategies
- Understanding Business-Level Strategy through “Generic Strategies”
- Cost Leadership
- Focused Cost Leadership and Focused Differentiation
- Best-Cost Strategy
Module 3: Competing in International Markets
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Competing in International Markets
- Drivers of Success and Failure When Competing in International Markets
- Types of International Strategies
- Options for Competing in International Markets
Module 4: Selecting Corporate-Level Strategies
- Concentration Strategies
- Vertical Integration Strategies
- Diversification Strategies
- Strategies for Getting Smaller
- Portfolio Planning and Corporate-Level Strategy
Module 5: Leading an Ethical Organization
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Understanding Thought Patterns: A Key to Corporate Leadership?
Each module focuses on clear objectives and skill demonstrations that can be easily linked to real life instances.
Well-balanced theoretical and practical methodology, which includes interactive discussions, case studies, interactive activities/exercises and assignments to understand the concepts and their applicability.
– 5-Day Training
– Module Notes
– Nationally Recognized and Internationally Accredited Certification
– Tea/Coffee Breaks
– Working Lunches
Participants must have attended the sessions at least 80% in order to receive a CERTIFICATE from Bangkok School of Management.
Reserve your seats now! No CREDIT CARD required.