In this programme you will briefly consider the core communication skills of counselling. The fundamental skills that alone or together can help a client to access their deepest thoughts or clarify their future dreams.
The skills we will examine here are attending skills, basic questioning skills, confrontation, focusing,reflection of meaning and influencing skills.
Many will be familiar with the skills-development-matrix which illustrates the learning stages of skill development in four phases:
- Unconscious incompetence
- Conscious incompetence
- Conscious competence
- Unconscious competence
In this programme you will be able to:
- Basic concepts in counseling, functions of the helper in various professional work settings.
- Introduction to helping skills (a primary emphasis of this course)
- Helping skills.
- Counselor and consultant characteristics and behaviors that influence the helping process.
- Importance of self-awareness (struggles, anxieties, and uncertainties of helpers.
- Counseling techniques and approach.
- Ethics and standards of the profession.
Module 1: Building the Foundation
- Introduction to Counseling and Interviewing
- Ethics and Professional Responsibilities
- Understanding Your Clients – The Clinical Interview
- Introduction to Issues of Diversity
Module 2: INTERVIEWING AND DEVELOPING A RELATIONSHIP
- Beginnings: The initial Interview
- Interviewing and Counseling Skills
- The Nature of Counseling Relationship
- The Ethics of Self-Disclosure
Module 3: Ending and Professional Issues
- Varieties of Counseling Situations
- Using Counseling Skills that Works
- Growing a Counseling Professional
Each module focuses on clear objectives and skill demonstrations that can be easily linked to real life instances.
Well-balanced theoretical and practical methodology, which includes interactive discussions, case studies, interactive activities/exercises and assignments to understand the concepts and their applicability.
– 5-Day Training
– Module Notes
– Nationally Recognized and Internationally Accredited Certification
– Tea/Coffee Breaks
– Working Lunches
Participants must have attended the sessions at least 80% in order to receive a CERTIFICATE from Bangkok School of Management.
Reserve your seats now! No CREDIT CARD required.