Small Business Management in the 21st Century offers a streamlined approach and a unique perspective as it treats small business management as a practical human activity, rather than as an abstract theoretical concept. Small businesses keep up with the pace of the market; they are creative and vital to every community. The smaller size of a business may confuse you into thinking that managing them is also simple, you may be right, but managing a small business effectively, so that it reaches its potential is extremely difficult- this course is comprehensively put together and teaches participants new tools and techniques to getting the most out of your small business.
Learning Outcomes / Key Takeaways
In this course you will be able to:
- Understand the foundation for Small Business.
- Create your Business Idea: The Quest for Value.
- Create your Marketing Strategy.
- Understand Financial Management.
- Understand People and Organization.
This Course is suitable for C-Level Executives, Middle Level Managers, Senior Level Managers, Graduate Students and Entrepreneurs.
Module 1: Foundations for Small Business
- Success and Failure in Small Businesses
Module 2: E-Business and E-Commerce
- E-Business and E-Commerce: The Difference
- E-Commerce Operations
- E-Commerce Technology
Module 3: The Business Plan
- Defining the Customer’s Concept of Value
- Knowing Your Customers
- Sources of Business Ideas
- Developing Your Strategy
- The Necessity for a Business Plan
- Building a Plan
Module 4: Marketing Strategy
- The Importance of a Marketing Strategy
- The Marketing Strategy Process
- Segmentation and the Target Market
- Differentiation and Positioning
- Marketing Strategy and Product
- Marketing Strategy and Price
- Marketing Strategy and Place
- Marketing Strategy and Promotion
Module 5: Financial Management
- The Importance of Financial Management in Small Business
- Financial Control
- Financial Decision Making
- Financial Accounting Statements
- Financial Ratio Analysis
Each chapter focuses on clear objectives and skill demonstrations that can be easily linked to real life instances.
What does the course include:
- Course Notes
- Accelerated Adult Learning Techniques
- Certificate of Completion
- Manuals and Workbooks
Participants must have attended the sessions at least 80% in order to receive a CERTIFICATE from Bangkok School of Management.
BSM Facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of practical and academic expertise who teach the art and science of the subject.