The Short course on Procurement and Logistic provides fundamental information on the principles, procedures, terminology, techniques and tools used in the field of purchasing and supply management.
Successful procurement and logistics management is the key for effective management in all sorts of businesses. This course encompasseswarehousing, physical distribution, inventoryconcept, transportation logistics, procurement concept and global logistics systems.
Learning Outcomes / Key Takeaways
In this course you will be able to:
- Negotiate with suppliers and manage supplier performance and contracts.
- Understand the concept of “strategic procurement”.
- Develop specifications.
- Think strategically about their procurement procedures and processes.
- Research suppliers and markets for goods and services.
- Understand the benefits of aggregation.
- Understand what drives suppliers and themarkets they operate in.
- Understand and identify the impact of logistic toward organization and economy to make sure goods reach the final consumers in right quality, right quantity, right time andright place.
- Understand the concept of warehousing and storage that is one of the areas which contribute to huge losses to organization.
- Understand the importance of Inventory Management that involved in order processing, inventory, among others.
This Course is suitable for C-Level Executives, Middle Level Managers, Senior Level Managers, Graduate Students and Entrepreneurs.
Module 1:Master Scheduling
- Bar Coding
- Materials Requirements Planning
- Capacity Management
- Production Activity Control & Purchasing
Module 2: Physical Inventory & Warehouse management
- Independent Demand Ordering Systems
- Physical Distribution
- Just in Time Manufacturing & TQM
- Economic Order Quantity – EOQ
- Breaking Down EOQ
- How Inventory Impacts Cash-Flow Planning
- Factoring in Reorder point
Module 3: Management Functions
- Fundamentals of Procurement
- Tendering and Contracting Procedures
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Procurement Planning
Module 4: Bid Opening, Evaluation and Award of Contract
- Bidding Documents
- Bidding Procedures
- Methods of Procurement
- Project Cycle Management
- Ethical Considerations in Procurement
Module 5: Fundamentals of Contract Law & Introduction to Materials Management
- Fraud Detection and Control
- Contract Management
- Legal Aspect of Procurement
- Effective Communication Skills
- Managing Change
- Strategic Planning
- Inventory Fundamentals
- Production Planning System
Each chapter focuses on clear objectives and skill demonstrations that can be easily linked to real life instances.
What does the course include:
- Course Notes
- Accelerated Adult Learning Techniques
- Certificate of Completion
- Manuals and Workbooks
Participants must have attended the sessions at least 80% in order to receive a CERTIFICATE from Bangkok School of Management.
BSM Facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of practical and academic expertise who teach the art and science of the subject.