This course is designed to be an overview of the major functions of management. Emphasis is on planning, organizing, controlling, directing, and communicating for establishing and accomplishing business objectives. The scope of this study will also include aspects of the principles of management on individuals and organizations.
This course is based upon the idea that the essential purpose of a business is to produce products and services in order to meet the needs and wants of the marketplace. A manager marshals an organization’s resources (its people, finances, facilities, and equipment) toward this fundamental goal. In this course, you will explore the tasks that today’s managers perform and delve into the key knowledge areas that managers need to master in order to run successful and profitable businesses.
Learning Outcomes / Key Takeaways
In this course you will be able to:
- Define management, quality management, and project management.
- Identify relevant issues in human resource management.
- manage business organizations in the dynamic global environment
- develop and maintain competitive advantage
- Explain strategic management in business operations.
This Course is suitable for C-Level Executives, Middle Level Managers, Senior Level Managers, Graduate Students and Entrepreneurs.
Outline: (Modes of Delivery)
Module 1: Managers, Management & Their Purpose
- Manager & Management
- The Roles & Functions of Management
- The Decision Making Process
- Management Approaches that affect Decision Making
- The Effects of the External Environment on Management
Module 2: Managing Workplace Diversity
- Workplace Diversity Defined & Its Types
- Challenges in Managing Workplace Diversity
- Workplace Diversity Initiatives
Types of Organizational Changes
Module 3: Goal Setting & Strategic Management
- Types of Goals
- Approaches to Goal Setting
- Strategic Management Process
- Organizational Structure Designs
Module 4: Managing Human Resources
- Importance of Human Resource Management
- Issues & Laws Relating to Human Resource Management
- Performance Management
- Motivating Employees
Module 5: Project and Quality Management
- Project Management
- The Role of the Project Manager
- Quality Management
- The Role of Quality Management in Business Operations
Each chapter focuses on clear objectives and skill demonstrations that can be easily linked to real life instances.
What does the course include:
- Course Notes
- Accelerated Adult Learning Techniques
- Certificate of Completion
- Manuals and Workbooks
Participants must have attended the sessions at least 80% in order to receive a CERTIFICATE from Bangkok School of Management.
BSM Facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of practical and academic expertise who teach the art and science of the subject.