An Office Manager is someone who takes responsibility for the diverse range of tasks that the average office needs to function smoothly. This course is for the true professional who wants to know more about people management, process management and much more. This training programme teaches trainees the key fundamentals of being a more effective office manager, such as tips to facilitate a calm office environment while also developing the assertiveness needed from a manager to get things to done in a timely manner. Participants will also learn more advanced management skills, planning techniques and how to improve communication flows within the office
Traditional vs. Emerging Office Management
Traditional office management processes are becoming decreasingly relevant in today’s environment, with the change of generations in the workplace; it is becoming more and more evident that the older styles of office management no longer work as effectively as they used to. This course sheds light on the emerging office management trends including the benefits of each of these trends, when they should be used and how they can be implemented.
One of the most common phrases you ever hear a man say is ‘not enough time for that’, each day has 24 hours but how can some achieve more in those 24 hours than other? The answer is good time management. Time management is the process of dividing your time optimally between specific activities; it allows an individual to work harder, smarter and faster. This training course elaborates more on how to manage your time, giving participants tips and tricks they would never find anywhere else!
- Graduate Students
- Mid-Level Managers / Senior Managers
- The Office – Traditional vs. Emerging Office Management Trends
- Defining the Role of the Office Manager
- New approaches to managing
- Human Relations in Business – Dealing with People and Emotions (CIP)
- Communication Skills in the Office
- Telephone Systems and Techniques
- Business Meeting – Effective Meeting Planning,
- Making Travel Arrangements: Logistics
- Records Management
- Essential Negotiation Skills – Doing Win/Win Deals
For Programme Enrollment & Registration Please Contact:
Dr. Edward Roy Krishnan
* You can also reach us real-time using our Live Support Or Contact Us on the website. Our representatives are available from 9AM to 6PM, Thailand time.
$1,999 per Participant
Upon successful completion of our short-term 2-Day, 3-Day, 5-Day, 10-Day or 15-Day programmes, with at least 80% attendance at the scheduled training sessions, participants would earn the Bangkok School of Management certification. In addition, participant who successfully obtains BSM certification would also qualify for a UK accredited certification, conditional upon
- submission of a 1,500 word essay concretely describing how he/she would utilize what he/she had learned from the training in his/her own job role, at his/her respective organization/company
- pay the assessment and certification fee of $250 USD. The award would be conferred by the College of Birmingham (COB) / School of Business (SOB). The certification will be verifiable online through the official COB, UK website. Please contact your training coordinator for more information.
UK accreditation and certification could be earned for this training, subject to submitting a 1,500-word essay concretely describing how you would utilize what you learned from the training in your current job role, in addition to paying an assessment and certification fee of 250 USD. The award would be conferred by the College of Birmingham (COB) / School of Business (SOB). The certification will be verifiable online through the official COB website. Please contact your training coordinator for more information.