What is produced in an economy? How is it produced? Who gets the product? Microeconomics seeks to answer these fundamental questions about markets.
In this programme, we’ll introduce you to the microeconomic theory, together with some empirical results and policy implications. You’ll analyze mathematical models that describe the real-world behavior of consumers and firms, and you’ll see how prices make the world go round.
Learning Outcomes / Key Takeaways
In this programme you will be able to:
- Familiarize with calculus.
- Understand of statistics or econometrics.
- Familiarize with introductory microeconomics.
- Aggregate Supply and Demand and the Growth Diamond.
- Measure Total Output and Income.
Module 1: The Financial System
- Money, Banking, and Your World
- Interest Rates
- The Economics of Interest-Rate Fluctuations
- The Economics of Interest-Rate Spreads and Yield Curves
Module 2: Financial Structure
- Rational Expectations
- Efficient Markets
- Financial Structure, Transaction Costs and Asymmetric Information
- Bank Management
- Innovation and Structure in Banking and Finance
Module 3: The Economics of Financial Regulation
- Financial Derivatives
- Financial Crises: Causes and Consequences
- Central Bank Form and Function
- The Money Supply Process and the Money Multipliers
- Monetary Policy Tools
- Monetary Policy Targets and Goals
- Foreign Exchange
- International Monetary Regimes
- Money Demand
Module 4: Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanisms
- Inflation and Money
- Rational Expectations Redux: Monetary Policy Implications
- Demand and Supply
- Applications of Demand and Supply
Module 5: Macroeconomics: The Big Picture
- Measuring Total Output and Income
- Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply
- Economic Growth
- The Nature and Creation of Money
- Financial Markets and the Economy
- Monetary Policy and the Fed
- Government and Fiscal Policy
- Investment and Economic Activity
- Net Exports and International Finance
- Inflation and Unemployment
Each module focuses on clear objectives and skill demonstrations that can be easily linked to real life instances.
Well-balanced theoretical and practical methodology, which includes interactive discussions, case studies, interactive activities/exercises and assignments to understand the concepts and their applicability.
– 5-Day Training
– Module Notes
– Nationally Recognized and Internationally Accredited Certification
– Tea/Coffee Breaks
– Working Lunches
Participants must have attended the sessions at least 80% in order to receive a CERTIFICATE from Bangkok School of Management.
Reserve your seats now! No CREDIT CARD required.