The Master of Business Administration in General Management is an MBA degree primarily aimed at students with a non-business administration Bachelor degree, who have had at least 2 years of experience working in companies and organisations in a role that manages people or processes, or both. The programme is aimed at providing graduates with the skills and competencies to fulfil management positions in the field of business administration, both in the public and private sector. These positions can include management or policy-making positions in large organisations, as well as positions of management in small to medium-sized companies (SMEs). Students are able to critically analyze and evaluate various developments within an organisation so that they can form, create and instigate policies, visions and aims and solutions within that organisation. They should be in a position to analyze the strategic processes and vision of a company or organisation, and using this analysis, apply and implement tools to innovate, optimize and (re-)structure these processes using an integral approach.
Degree Awarded By
European Global School is established as a private higher institution to promote programmes internationally. The French higher education system is characterized by the coexistence of several types of institution. There are: universities; grands établissements publics (major public institutions); grandes écoles (elite schools); administrative public institutions; private higher education institutions or schools. European Global School falls under the category of the private higher education establishment. The degrees obtained from the European Global School are in accordance with the French Code – Decree of January 25th, 1876, Articles L. 731-2, L. 731-3 and L. 731-4 – since October 01, 2015 under receipt No. E-15-04 to offer higher education awards at Bachelor, Master and Doctorate levels. The UAI (unité administrative immatriculée) is 0755835K. For more information about the university’s legal/academic status, along with its degree-granting authority, please contact the French Embassy in your respective country, and/or contact the French Ministry of Education, in Paris, France.
8 Core Modules + 1 Action Research Paper
A. CORE MODULES
- MGT510: Managerial Accounting
- MGT520: Managing Business Strategy
- MGT530: Human Capital Management
- MGT540: Marketing Management
- MGT550: Managing Operations
- MGT560: Leading Organisation
- MGT570: Financial Management
- MGT580: Project Management
B. ACTION RESEARCH PAPER
This requirement of the MBA programme will enable the student to prepare a research paper that applies managerial concepts and research techniques to a significant organisational issue or problem, within the context of his/her chosen specialisation area. After completing the action research the student should be able to:
- Select, evaluate and apply critical management thinking to an organisational issue or problem.
- Critically evaluate the techniques and processes used to investigate an important organisational issue or problem.
- Synthesize information to arrive at a coherent conclusion.
- Critically evaluate the implications for the recommendations presented.
- Critically reflect on his or her development of knowledge, skills and techniques used during the preparation of the action research paper.
- Recognised Bachelor Degree in any field.
- Sufficient English language proficiency (IELTS 6.0 or its equivalent).
- At least 3 years of working experience in the managerial position.
12 – 16 months
Whilst most of the courses do not set an exact deadline for applications, students are advised to apply 2-3 weeks prior to their preferred date of commencement to secure the place and organise any sponsorship or funding.
International students are encouraged to apply 1 month prior to the commencement of the preferred programme. This allows sufficient time to process our decision, for you to obtain visas and to organise your accommodation and travel arrangements.
Application forms should be provided directly to Bangkok School of Management via our online application form. Simply click on the ‘Apply Online’ button or visit our campus.
Here is the list of documents required for the MBA admissions:
- Application Form
- Personal Statement (500 words)
- Updated CV/Resumé
- 2-3 Reference Letters
- Educational Certificates
- Academic Transcript(s)
- Passport Copy/National ID Card
- Passport-size Photo
- 500 THB Application Fee
1st Installment – 98,000THB (Upon Enrollment)
2nd Installment – 50,000THB (Beginning of 3rd Month)
3rd Installment – 50,000THB (Beginning of 5th Month)
4th Installment – 50,000THB (Beginning of 7th Month)
Total – 248,000THB
First day of every month.
- To enable the advanced study of organisations, their management and the changing external context in which they operate.
- Equip individuals for and/or development of a career in business and management by developing skills at a professional or equivalent level to assume senior managerial and leadership positions in business.
- Development of the ability to apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve business and management leadership and practice.
- Enhancement of lifelong learning and personal development so as to be able to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large.