Strategy can mean a lot of things. In this module, you’ll encounter examples of strategy in action that demonstrate what people mean when they talk about strategy.
A good strategy is profitable- achieving a higher profit margin than the industry average. This interdisciplinary approach to strategic management includes analysis, planning and implementation of said strategies.
Our approach to this training course is practical, with real life cases being studied, it helps trainees identify opportunities that the firm in the case study did not take and imagine other scenarios and effects if a different strategy was employed.
Learning Outcomes / Key Takeaways (Suitable For)
In this course you will be able to:
- Describe examples of strategy in action
- Recognize strategic situations
- Explain the difference between strategy as “position” and strategy as “capability” (and why that matters).
- Lead strategically
- Execute strategy through organizational design
This Course is suitable for C-Level Executives, Middle Level Managers, Senior Level Managers, Graduate Students and Entrepreneurs
Outline: (Modes of Delivery)
Module 1: Mastering Strategy: Art and Science
- Intended, Emergent, and Realized Strategies
- The History of Strategic Management
- Understanding the Strategic Management Process
Module 2: Selecting Business-Level Strategies
- Understanding Business-Level Strategy through “Generic Strategies”
- Cost Leadership
- Focused Cost Leadership and Focused Differentiation
- Best-Cost Strategy
Module 3: Competing in International Markets
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Competing in International Markets
- Drivers of Success and Failure When Competing in International Markets
- Types of International Strategies
- Options for Competing in International Markets
Module 4: Selecting Corporate-Level Strategies
- Concentration Strategies
- Vertical Integration Strategies
- Diversification Strategies
- Strategies for Getting Smaller
- Portfolio Planning and Corporate-Level Strategy
Module 5: Leading an Ethical Organization
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Understanding Thought Patterns: A Key to Corporate Leadership?
Each chapter focuses on clear objectives and skill demonstrations that can be easily linked to real life instances.
What does the course include:
Accelerated Adult Learning Techniques
Certificate of Completion
Manuals and Workbooks
Participants must have attended the sessions at least 80% in order to receive a CERTIFICATE from Bangkok School of Management.
BSM Facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of practical and academic expertise who teach the art and science of the subject.