Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT Self-Study Mode) prepares future educators to enter the classroom ready to create a community of high achievement for all students. With a passionate commitment to equity and social justice, MAT candidates become content experts who create innovative and rigorous learning experiences for youth.
The Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT Self-Study Mode) focuses primarily on the advancement of your teaching career. This is the degree most often pursued by people who want hands-on teaching experience and are seeking to work directly with students. The MAT focuses heavily on advanced coursework in a specific subject to hone your expertise. Coursework for the MAT also focuses on pedagogical theory and implementation. Essentially, the MAT will teach you how to be a teacher: methodology, stylistic approach, etc. Oftentimes, the Master of Arts in Teaching consists of hands-on experience that places you in a classroom as a student teacher to practice what you are learning. The innovative curriculum is designed to help students think critically, solve problems creatively and communicate effectively — exactly the kind of skills that employers and graduate schools want most.
European Global School is established as a private higher institution to promote programmes internationally. The French higher education system is characterized by the coexistence of several types of institution. There are: universities; grands établissements publics (major public institutions); grandes écoles (elite schools); administrative public institutions; private higher education institutions or schools. European Global School falls under the category of private higher education establishment. The degrees obtained from the European Global School are in accordance with the French Code – Decree of January 25th, 1876, Articles L. 731-2, L. 731-3 and L. 731-4 – since October 01, 2015 under receipt No. E-15-04 to offer higher education awards at Bachelor, Master and Doctorate levels. The UAI (unité administrative immatriculée) is 0755835K. For more information about the university’s legal / academic status, along with its degree granting authority, please contact the French Embassy in your respective country, and/or contact the French Ministry of Education, in Paris, France.
Are You Ready?
If you don’t keep learning you could be left behind. Passionate teachers understand that perhaps the greatest benefit of earning a MAT degree is the large number of additional skills they acquire, allowing them to stand out as leaders in the classroom. Why not make an investment in your future and your career success, by participating in the MAT? You’ll gain confidence and vigor, as well as gain different perspectives about your teaching skills, from your mentors and peers. All you have to do is begin—the time will fly by and the rewards will be great.
It’s never a bad idea to go to graduate school, whether you’re pursuing a Master’s in Teaching or in another area. Earning your MAT provides you with the opportunity to change students’ lives inside the classroom. MAT degree can help make you a better teacher. The degree focuses on teaching with heavy emphasis on pedagogy, teaching methods, philosophy of education, and educational technology.
Schools need highly qualified, expert teachers to improve the quality of education, and a MAT degree tells a school you are a valuable, knowledgeable teacher that will have a positive impact on your students.
- Creating Open Educational Resources
- Changes in Science Education
- Exploring Equality and Equity in Education
- Facilitating Group Discussions
- Inclusive Education
- The Interplay Between Leading and Learning
- Issues in Research with Children and Young People
- Learning to Teach: An Introduction to Classroom Research
- Learning to Teach: Becoming a Reflective Practitioner
- Learning to Teach: Making Sense of Learning to Teach
- Play, Learning and the Brain
- Educational Leadership and Management
- For each course, visit the accompanying open source link provided (www.open.edu).
- Sign up for the course.
- Complete the course.
- Obtain the FREE Statement of Participation on completion of each course.
- Complete a Reflection Paper for each course, answering the following questions in no more than 1,000 words: a) What are some of the most important concepts that you learned from this course?; b) Using real-life examples or illustrations, how will you utilize some of the concepts that you learned from this course, in your own workplace contexts?; c) What are some potential challenges that you may face in implementing the concepts that you learned from this course?
- Upload both the Statement of Participation + the Reflection Paper for each course to the Self-Study LMS submissions page.
- Do the same for all courses required for the successful completion of the MS in Teaching programme.
- Obtain your full nationally recognized and internationally accredited MA in Teaching Degree from the European Global School, Paris, France.
Whilst most of the courses do not set an exact deadline for applications, students are advised to apply 2-3 weeks prior their preferred date of commencement to secure the place and organise any sponsorship or funding.
International students are encouraged to apply 1 month prior the commence of the preferred programme. This allows sufficient time to process our decision, for you to obtain visas and to organise your accommodation and travel arrangements.
Application forms should be provided directly to Bangkok School of Management via our online application form. Simply click on the ‘Apply Online’ button or visit our campus.
Here is the list of documents required for the Master’s through Research admissions:
- Education Certificates + Transcripts
- Latest CV / Résume
- 2-3 Reference Letters (past or current employer(s) or professors)
- Personal Statement (500 words)
- Passport Copy
- Passport Size Photo (jpg format)
- 500 THB Application Fee
One Time Payment:
1st Installment – 62,000THB
2nd Installment – 52,000THB
3rd Installment – 42,000THB
Total – 156,000THB