Information Technology (IT) is a critical enabler of business. Assuring an organization’s governance, risk management and control processes requires internal auditors to understand the role of IT within their organisations and to develop adequate knowledge and skills to audit IT systems as the line separating “IT” and “non-IT” audits is beginning to disappear, except in the very technical IT areas.
This course is specially designed to meet the basic IT audit training needs (at the awareness level) of financial and operational auditors who have to assess IT r
Learning Outcomes / Key Takeaways
In this course you will be able to:
- Understand the risks and audit concerns in the IT environment.
- Know the globally recognized control frameworks for audit of IT.
- Acquire baseline knowledge of general IT controls and application controls concepts.
- Learn the basics of how to perform an IT audit.
- Know some basic IT audit tools and techniques.
This Course is suitable for C-Level Executives, Middle Level Managers, Senior Level Managers, Graduate Students and Entrepreneurs.
Module 1: Introduction to Information Technology Audit
- What is expected from an IT Audit?
- How to get started for the audit?
- Single PCs
- The Internet
- Operating Systems (Linux/Windows/Mac)
- Mobile Devices
- Mobile Operating Systems
- Paradigm shifts and how it affects the behavior
Module 2: Privacy and Ethics
- Passwords and other sensitive data
- Personal Information
- CAN SPAM ACT
- Other government acts
- What is Information Security?
- Who should you be talking to regarding Information Security?
- Getting started with Information Security
Module 3: Introduction to the Cloud
- Hardware / Platforms / Software
- What is the cloud?
- Why cloud is important?
- Why cloud security is important?
- How and why it is different
Module 4: Best practices using Technology
- Internet and Browsers
- Third-party tools
- Introduction to encryptions
- How are mobile devices changing the world?
- Security in mobile devices
Module 5: Continuous Integration in Technology
- What is Continuous Integration?
- How to implement Continuous Integration?
- What is good governance in technology?
- How can technology help good governance in organizations?
Each chapter focuses on clear objectives and skill demonstrations that can be easily linked to real life instances.
What does the course include:
- Course Notes
- Accelerated Adult Learning Techniques
- Certificate of Completion
- Manuals and Workbooks
Participants must have attended the sessions at least 80% in order to receive a CERTIFICATE from Bangkok School of Management.
BSM Facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of practical and academic expertise who teach the art and science of the subject.