In this course you will briefly consider the core communication skills of counselling. The fundamental skills that alone or together can help a client to access their deepest thoughts or clarify their future dreams.
The skills we will examine here are attending skills, basic questioning skills, confrontation, focusing,reflection of meaning and influencing skills.
Many will be familiar with the skills-development-matrix which illustrates the learning stages of skill development in four phases:
- unconscious incompetence
- Conscious incompetence
- Conscious competence
- Unconscious competence
In this course you will be able to:
- Basic concepts in counseling, functions of the helper in various professional work settings.
- Introduction to helping skills (a primary emphasis of this course)
- Helping skills.
- Counselor and consultant characteristics and behaviors that influence the helping process.
- Importance of self-awareness (struggles, anxieties, and uncertainties of helpers.
- Counseling techniques and approach.
- Ethics and standards of the profession.
This Course is suitable for C-Level Executives, Middle Level Managers, Senior Level Managers, Graduate Students and Entrepreneurs.
Module 1: Building the Foundation
- Introduction to Counseling and Interviewing
- Ethics and Professional Responsibilities
- Understanding Your Clients – The Clinical Interview
- Introduction to Issues of Diversity
Module 2: INTERVIEWING AND DEVELOPING A RELATIONSHIP
- Beginnings: The initial Interview
- Interviewing and Counseling Skills
- The Nature of Counseling Relationship
- The Ethics of Self-Disclosure
Module 3: Ending and Professional Issues
- Varieties of Counseling Situations
- Using Counseling Skills that Works
- Growing a Counseling Professional
Each chapter focuses on clear objectives and skill demonstrations that can be easily linked to real life instances.
What does the course include:
- Course Notes
- Accelerated Adult Learning Techniques
- Certificate of Completion
- Manuals and Workbooks
Participants must have attended the sessions at least 80% in order to receive a CERTIFICATE from Bangkok School of Management.
BSM Facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of practical and academic expertise who teach the art and science of the subject.