IELTS or International English Language Testing System is a standardized test of the English language and covers four skills including listening, reading, speaking, and writing. It is designed to assess the language ability of candidates who need to study or work where English is the language of communication.
There are two types of IELTS test:
- General Training: The IELTS General Training is for those who are going to be living and/or studying (secondary education) in a primarily English speaking country. It tests general skills a person would need to survive in the academic or working context. The general IELTS test is a requirement for the following countries: Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the UK.
- Academic: This test is for those who are trying to get into an institute of higher education or registering for a professional English speaking environment. It assesses key features of the academic language and tests if the student is ready to study/train in English.
The duration of the test is less than 3 hours and assesses the test-takers abilities in listening, reading, writing and speaking.
- Face to Face IETLS Coaching Course
Taught by BSM in-house IELTS experts who provide learners with personalized learning on all the test-taking strategies and time management skills, focusing on Academic IELTS covering on all parts: speaking, listening reading, and writing. Schedule arrangement is highly flexible.
- Online IELTS Trainer & IELTS Coaching Courses
- Self-study courses for learners who need to improve their test scores focusing on Listening and Reading sections of the Academic IETLS exam.
- 30 lessons at B1 and/or B2 levels covering 15 hours IELTS Listening and 15 hours Reading.
- For online IELTS courses registration, click these links below:
1. Listening (30 minutes – 40 questions)
There are four sections with ten questions each.
- Section 1 – a conversation between two people set in an everyday social context.
- Section 2 – a monologue set in an everyday social context, e.g. a speech about local facilities.
- Section 3 – a conversation between up to four people set in an educational or training context, e.g. a university tutor and a student discussing an assignment.
- Section 4 – a monologue on an academic subject, e.g. a university lecture.
2. Reading (60 minutes – 40 questions)
The Reading section designed to test a wide range of reading skills. These include reading for gist, reading for main ideas, reading for detail, skimming, understanding logical argument and recognizing writers’ opinions, attitudes and purpose. These are taken from books, journals, magazines and newspapers.
3. Writing (60 minutes – 2 questions)
There are two writing tasks and BOTH must be completed.
- Task 1 – you will be presented with a graph, table, chart or diagram and asked to describe, summarize or explain the information in your own words. You may be asked to describe and explain data, describe the stages of a process, how something works or describe an object or event.
- Task 2 – you will be asked to write an essay in response to a point of view, argument or problem. Responses to both tasks must be in a formal style.
4. Speaking (11-14 minutes)
There are three parts to the test and each part fulfills a specific function in terms of interaction pattern.
- Part 1 – the examiner will ask you general questions about yourself and a range of familiar topics, such as home, family, work, studies and interests. This part lasts between four and five minutes.
- Part 2 – you will be given a card which asks you to talk about a particular topic. You will have one minute to prepare before speaking for up to two minutes. The examiner will then ask one or two questions on the same topic.
- Part 3 – you will be asked further questions about the topic in Part 2. These will give you the opportunity to discuss more abstract ideas and issues. This part of the test lasts between four and five minutes.
|Enrollment Hours||Regular Rate(THB) / Hour|
*Minimum 10 hours booking
|No. of Students||Regular Rate(THB) / Hour|
*Minimum 10 hours booking
For Programme Enrollment & Registration Please Contact:
+66(2)2569586 (Ms. Beam & Ms. June)
* You can also reach us real-time using our Live Support Or Contact Us on the website. Our representatives are available from 9AM to 6PM, Thailand time.