Master the technical skills needed to analyze financial statements and disclosures for use in financial analysis, and learn how accounting standards and managerial incentives affect the financial reporting process.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to read the three most common financial statements: the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows. Then you can apply these skills to a real-world business challenge as part of the Wharton Business Foundations Specialization.
Learning Outcomes / Key Takeaways
]n this course you will be able to:
- Record, process and report business transactions.
- Use the trial balance and identify and correct errors.
- Draft financial statements.
- Understand the qualitative characteristics of useful information.
- Prepare and evaluate financial forecasts used to make strategic decisions.
- Value a venture, project, or investment opportunity and perform a sensitivity analysis.
This Course is suitable for C-Level Executives, Middle Level Managers, Senior Level Managers, Graduate Students and Entrepreneurs.
Module 1: Introduction to accounting
- Accounting Process
- Financial Reporting Standards
- Current Liabilities
Module 2: Inventory Reconciliation
- Importance of Inventory Reconciliation
- 8 Inventory Management Techniques
- Reconciling Reports
Module 3: Finalizing Account Statements
- Income statement
- Statement of retained earnings
- Balance sheet
- Statement of cash flows
Module 4: Statement Analysis
- The structure of the financial statements
- Three basic comparative analysis techniques
- Assessing the quality of the firm’s financial statements
- Profitability and risk analysis
Each chapter focuses on clear objectives and skill demonstrations that can be easily linked to real life instances.
What does the course include:
- Course Notes
- Accelerated Adult Learning Techniques
- Certificate of Completion
- Manuals and Workbooks
Participants must have attended the sessions at least 80% in order to receive a CERTIFICATE from Bangkok School of Management.
BSM Facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of practical and academic expertise who teach the art and science of the subject.