Have you ever wondered what qualities billionaire Bill Gates, visionary Steve Jobs, or Jeff Bezos all have in common? After you finish studying business practices in this course, you may discover that you have some of the same qualities as other successful entrepreneurs.
This course is designed to expose you to business terminology, concepts, and current business issues. The intent is to develop a viable business vocabulary, foster critical and analytical thinking, and refine your business decision-making skills.
Learning Outcomes / Key Takeaways (Suitable For)
In this course you will be able to:
- Explain how economic indicators shape business decisions.
- Identify and analyze business cycles.
- Identify the legal forms of business, and describe the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Describe and analyze the components of the marketing mix, and explain how segmentation and research will foster an understanding of consumer behavior.
- Explain the components of a balance sheet and income statement.
- Formulate several financial ratios, and communicate the implications of those ratios for future performance of a company.
- Explain and identify leadership and management skills necessary for a successful business.
- Identify reasons for studying business.
This Course is suitable for C-Level Executives, Middle Level Managers, Senior Level Managers, Graduate Students and Entrepreneurs
Outline: (Modes of Delivery)
Module 1: Introduction to Business and Economics
- The Nature of Business
- Risk and Profit Economics
- Economic Systems
- Supply and Demand
Module 2: International Business
- Theories of Comparative and Absolute Advantage
- Importing and Exporting
- International Business Strategies
- Forces Affecting Trade
- Trade Agreements and Organizations
Module 3: Ethical Business behaviour
- Social Responsibility
- Types of Corporate Responsibility
Module 4: Types of Business Ownership
- Sole Proprietorship
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Other forms of ownership
Module 5: Small Business
- The functionalities and responsibilities of management
- Levels of Management
Each chapter focuses on clear objectives and skill demonstrations that can be easily linked to real life instances.
What does the course include:
- Course Notes
- Accelerated Adult Learning Techniques
- Certificate of Completion
- Manuals and Workbooks
Participants must have attended the sessions at least 80% in order to receive a CERTIFICATE from Bangkok School of Management.
BSM Facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of practical and academic expertise who teach the art and science of the subject.