The most valuable assets of your organisation are the people. Today’s effective leaders put their people before themselves to achieve results.
Effective leadership and the ability to manage people are fundamental in the success of any ‘team’ venture be that in business or in any other group activity. Whether it’s in business or as part of a leisure activity any group will ultimately be working towards a common ‘goal’ and it’s important that there is somebody who can command the respect of the group and who can pull all of the various elements together in order to reach that goal.
Inspiring others means generating trust, showing empathy and being a role model. Do you have what it takes? What aspects do you need to develop? By changing you leadership style to your staff’s personal needs you will support them to perform to the best of their ability. Even in challenging situations when there is conflict or resistance.
This program offers opportunity to acquire expert insights, explore leadership & people management concepts, and examine actionable strategies for building the kind of leadership and people manager to enable employees to deliver their optimum performance.
Learning Outcomes / Key Takeaways
In this course you will be able to:
- Gain insight in your personal leadership style, qualities and challenges in leading individuals and teams.
- Strengthen your engagement and trust with colleagues and staff.
- Understand your staff’s needs and can adapt your leadership style.
- Address performance or motivation issues and deal with conflict more effectively.
- strengthen your practical management skills like feedback and coaching.
This Course is suitable for C-Level Executives, Middle Level Managers, Senior Level Managers, Graduate Students and Entrepreneurs.
Module 1: Effective Communication
- Communication Theories
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
- One on One Communication
- Team Communication
- Public Speaking
Module 2: Motivation
- Types of Motivation, Motivation Barriers
- Individual Motivation
- Team Motivation
- Problem Definition
- Root Cause Analysis
- Identifying Optional Solutions
- Finding The Right Solution
Module 3: Leadership Theories
- Managing Self
- Managing Time & Priorities
- Managing Stress
Module 4: Performance Objectives
- Managing & Setting Performance Objectives
- Developing Performance Plans
- Monitoring Performance
- Performance Interventions
- Performance Appraisals
- Managing Change & Transition
- Change Triggers
- Change Objectives
- Change Strategies
- Leading the Change efforts
Module 5: Managing Conflicts
- Managing Conflicts & Conflict analysis
- Strategies in dealing with conflicts
- Creating the groundwork for conflict resolutions
- Negotiating conflict resolutions
- Post conflict resolutions
- Talent Management
Each chapter focuses on clear objectives and skill demonstrations that can be easily linked to real life instances.
What does the course include:
- Course Notes
- Accelerated Adult Learning Techniques
- Certificate of Completion
- Manuals and Workbooks
Participants must have attended the sessions at least 80% in order to receive a CERTIFICATE from Bangkok School of Management.
BSM Facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of practical and academic expertise who teach the art and science of the subject.