As the academic affiliate of the European Global School (EGS) – PARIS in Thailand, Bangkok School of Management (BSM) serves as the official support center for EGS to offer opportunities for well-grounded and experienced professionals in various specialization fields of study and/or career to benefit from its Doctorate-through-Research (DTR) and/or Doctorate-through- Publication/Portfolio (DTP) programmes.
The DTR and DTP programme allows those professionals who have not followed the traditional academic route toward a doctorate degree to nevertheless obtain the highest academic recognition for having undertaken and produced practically-based innovative research, and independently developed their research and other related analytical problem-solving skills and subject knowledge up to the Doctorate level.
This may also include professionals entering higher education in mid-career, especially in practice-based disciplines such as management, education, public health, psychology, business administration, commerce, law, sciences and much more.
- Possess a recognized Master’s Degree or its equivalent.
- Have completed previous higher education degrees in English medium.
- Possess at least 5 years of professional experience in the field of specialization the Doctorate Degree is applied for.
Min. 1 Year – Max. 3 Years
- Submit stand-alone/compilation of research-based-written-work (min. 10,000 words and max. 30,000 words) OR scholarly-publication/portfolio with an introduction segment describing how all items in the compilation of previous publication, as well as portfolio, consistently demonstrate contribution to the existing body of knowledge and practice in a specialized field of expertise (minimum 5,000 words and maximum 10,000 words).
- Defend the submission (scholarly work in the form of a research paper, previous publication or portfolio) in front of a panel of experts consisting of both internal and external examiners from both BSM and EGS (oral examination).
- Demonstrate that he/she has thoroughly and critically investigated a specific area of research and made an independent and original contribution to the existing body of knowledge as well as professional practice.
Examples of Materials acceptable for Publication Submission:
- Refereed articles or papers in journals
- Conference proceedings
- Chapters in books
Examples of Materials acceptable for Portfolio Submission (requires collection of evidence that documents and authenticates processes and outputs):
- Project reports
- Published books/chapters/articles/manuscripts
- Project materials
- Software programs
- Multimedia packages
- Feedback from project sponsors
- Design materials
- Conference papers
- CD/DVD/video/film presentations
- DR.EDWARD ROY KRISHNAN, M.A.Curr.& Instruc.(Michigan),M.B.A.,Ed.D.,Ph.D. Psych. (Paris)
- DR. ISHA DARAMY, Ph.D.LEADERSHIP MANAGEMENT (USA),LLM,MSW,MS in Intercultural Human Rights Law, LLB/JD, BS LEGAL STUDIES
- DR. HERMANN GRUENWALD,Ph.D.Adult and Higher Education Administration, Master of Education – Professional and Continuing Education, Master of Business Administration (Finance), Master of Architecture, Dipl. Ing. (FH) (Architectural Engineering Degree)
- DR. ANNA FAUNGFAH AMPONSTIRA, PhD in Management, MBA, MA in Mass Communication, BA in English Communication
- DR.VICHUDASTHALANAND, PhD, MA, BA
The Role of the Supervisor
The nominated supervisor will act in a similar role to that of a supervisor for a standard Doctorate Project, but with more emphasis on being a mentor to the candidate. They will act as a source of support and guidance during the preparation of the research material for examination (oral defense) and for the administration of the examination (oral defense) process.
- Guide the candidate in the final selection of publications for inclusion in the submission;
- Support and advise on the development of the introductory section;
- Guide the candidate in relation to the coherence of the body of work to be submitted;
- Advise the candidate in relation to any research training requirements
- Make arrangements for the examination (oral defense), including the nomination of the examining team
- Support the candidate through the examination (oral defense) process.
Awards to Choose From
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.)
Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
Doctor of Psychology (Psych.D.)
Doctor of Management (D.Man.)
The following doctorate awards could be earned through the DTR or DTP options at BSM. The doctorate qualification is conferred by EGS-Paris; a French government recognized degree- granting body. The university is recognized by the French Ministry of National Education, Higher Education and Research, and is registered as a private higher education institute under the French Code de l’Education – Décret du 25 janvier 1876, Articles L. 731-2, L. 731-3 et L. 731-4.
One Time Payment:
1st Installment – 100,000THB (upon enrollment)
2nd Installment – 100,000THB (beginning of 4th month)
3rd Installment – 100,000THB (beginning of 7th month)
4th Installment – 100,000THB (beginning of 10th month)
Total – 400,000THB
Degree Awarded By
European Global School is established as a private higher institution to promote programmes internationally. The French higher education system is characterized by the coexistence of several types of institution. There are: universities; grands établissements publics (major public institutions); grandes écoles (elite schools); administrative public institutions; private higher education institutions or schools. European Global School falls under the category of private higher education establishment. The degrees obtained from the European Global School are in accordance with the French Code – Decree of January 25th, 1876, Articles L. 731-2, L. 731-3 and L. 731-4 – since October 01, 2015 under receipt No. E-15-04 to offer higher education awards at Bachelor, Master and Doctorate levels. The UAI (unité administrative immatriculée) is 0755835K. For more information about the university’s legal / academic status, along with its degree granting authority, please contact the French Embassy in your respective country, and/or contact the French Ministry of Education, in Paris, France.
- To enable the advanced study of organizations, their management and the changing external context in which they operate.
- Equip individuals for and/or development of a career in business and management by developing skills at a professional or equivalent level to assume senior managerial and leadership positions in business.
- Development of the ability to apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve business and management leadership and practice.
- Enhancement of lifelong learning and personal development so as to be able to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large.