A business and finance programme equips you with a broader understanding of finance and how important each move you make financially impacts the business. It covers specialist modules that cover topics like financial management, international finance, and corporate reporting. With a finance specialty as part of your degree award, you’ll have an extra edge in employability.
The knowledge you gain from this degree allows you to think analytically and critically examine the financial situations, capital markets and give an accurate valuation of stocks and bonds. You will also be able to create an investment portfolio.
Overall, a BA (Hons) in Business and Finance gives you the opportunity to combine the financial part of a business with the theoretical knowledge on how each area of finance impacts the business you are dealing with. It will teach you how to handle a business in the best of times (how to invest the extra money you have) to the worst of times (how to trudge through a financial crisis). This degree also gives you a better world view on the practices and regulations of the banking sector.
At Bangkok School of Management we believe in education which is not only strong theoretically but also applicable in the real world and so this programme includes; company visits, business-strategy workshops, mentorship is also offered and you will be allowed to volunteer for conferences which connect you to entrepreneurs globally.
Year 1 & Year 2
- High School completion or its equivalent qualification such as IGCSE, GED, A-Level, IB, etc.
- English Proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 or score of 65%+ on BSM English Proficiency Test (BSMEPT)
(Those with IELTS below 5.5 or BSMEPT below 65% need to take additional English courses)
- Recognized Diploma and/or Higher Diploma in Business/Management or related field from BSM or elsewhere
- IELTS 6.5
1st and 2nd Year:
- BUS 101 Introduction to Business
- BUS 103 Principles of Management
- BUS 200 Business Ethics
- BUS 201 Organizational Behavior
- BUS 202 Human Resource Management
- BUS 203 Entrepreneurship
- BUS 204 E-Commerce
- BUS 301 Organizational Leadership
- BUS 304 Small Business Management
- ECO 201 Microeconomics
- ECO 202 Macroeconomics
- ECO 303 International Economics
- ENG 101 English Composition 1
- ENG 102 English Composition 2
- ENG 201 Public Speaking
- FIN 301 Business Finance
- FIN 340 Fundamentals of Investment
- INT 302 International Business Trends
- ITM 201 Information System in Organization
- MAT 220 Business Statistics
- MKT 101 Introduction to Marketing
- MKT 302 Consumer Behavior
- MKT 303 Principles of Advertising
- OL 421 Strategic Management and Policy
- PPD 310 Business Research Methods
- FN0361 – Contemporary Corporate Reporting (Core, 20 Credits)
- FN0363 – International Finance and Financial Management (Core, 20 Credits)
- GA6001 – Academic Language Skills for Northumbria Business School(Optional, 0 Credits)
- HR0388 – Academic and Career Development (Core, 20 Credits)
- NX0328 – Contemporary Issues in Business (Core, 20 Credits)
- NX0329 – Supporting Study in the UK (Core, 0 Credits)
- SM0382 – Strategic Management and Corporate Responsibility (Core, 20 Credits)
- SM0383 – Financial Management for Small Business (Core, 20 Credits)
Whilst most of the courses do not set an exact deadline for applications, students are advised to apply early to secure the place and organise any sponsorship or funding.
International students are encouraged to apply 1 month prior the commence of the preferred courses. This allows sufficient time to process our decision, for you to obtain visas and to organise your accommodation and travel arrangements.
Application forms should be provided directly to Bangkok School of Management via our online application form. Simply click on the ‘Apply Online’ button or visit our campus.
1st and 2nd Year:
Application & Placement Test: 2,500 Baht
Administration: 18,750 Baht/term (6 terms)
Tuition: 7,999 Baht/course
Certification: 55,000 Baht (payable in 4 installments)
Visa Assistance: 2,000 Baht (per year)
Graduation: 2,000 Baht
Immigration fee (for foreign students only): 7,600 Baht (per year)
Total to complete BSM Portion (approximation): 372,000 Baht (excluding visa fee)
£12,500 in the United Kingdom
First 1 & 2 Year: January, April, July & October
Final Year in Newcastle: January & September
OUR STUDENTS SPEAK FOR US
Find out all you need to know about our BA (Hons) Business and Finance degree here at BSM Thailand, in partnership with Northumbria University, UK. For admission planning purposes - Join our free trial classes available for sign up soon.Book Trial Class