Procurement is one of the most important functions for successful organisations. Selecting and applying the appropriate methodologies to ensure value for money, and high quality delivery by suppliers, requires collaboration across all functions and a strong contractual underpinning of the supplier relationship. This requires a complete understanding of the needs of the organisation, and the capabilities in the supply market. This training course is designed to:
Explore the practices seen as leading to world class performance in purchasing and procurement, and supply chain management.
Enable participants to develop appropriate sourcing and supplier management plans.
Help delegates to develop action plans for implementation within their organisation to improve total value for their organisation
Learning Outcomes / Key Takeaways
In this course you will be able to:
- Be more effective in managing Procurement.
- Development of appropriate strategies for delivering value.
- Use appropriate methodologies for managing suppliers.
- Use of tendering, negotiation and other techniques.
- Enhance value obtained from suppliers.
- How to measure and improve the performance of the procurement function.
- Consider how the wider business environment effects procurement.
- Consider the latest advances in procurement management.
This Course is suitable for C-Level Executives, Middle Level Managers, Senior Level Managers, Graduate Students and Entrepreneurs
Module 1: Purchasing and the Organisation
- Purchasing and its contribution to the organization
- The Supply Chain
- The influence of the External Environment
- Purchasing Organizations
- The Procurement Cycle
- Critical Supply Strategies
Module 2: Supplier Management
- Transforming the Supplier Relationship
- Supplier Evaluation Criteria
- Appropriate Supplier Methodologies
- Total Cost Approach
- How to be a Good Customer
- Shrinking the Supplier Base
Module 3: Communication and Change
- Communication techniques of verbal, non-verbal and written
- Methods of communication lead to more productive work and minimize stress
- Communication and interaction openness develops trust
- Identification of interpersonal interaction methods
- Recognizing response to and perceptions of change
- Analyzing and preparing for the human reaction to change
Module 4: Negotiation Techniques
- Avoiding Confrontational Negotiating
- Developing Active Listening Skills
- Negotiating with an Angry Person
- Power Closes that are used on the Buyer
- Understanding the other Negotiator’s Power
- Negotiation Tactics and Countermeasures
Module 5: Managing Procurement Talent
- Attract And Retain Supply Management Talent
- Supplier Measurement
- Vendor Rating
- Action Planning
- Price, Cost, and Value
Each chapter focuses on clear objectives and skill demonstrations that can be easily linked to real life instances.
What does the course include:
- Course Notes
- Accelerated Adult Learning Techniques
- Certificate of Completion
- Manuals and Workbooks
Participants must have attended the sessions at least 80% in order to receive a CERTIFICATE from Bangkok School of Management.
BSM Facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of practical and academic expertise who teach the art and science of the subject.