This program examines the critical role supply base management plays in the success and competitive positioning of an organization. It reveals the “how” and “why” of rethinking and evolving your current sourcing and supply base strategies. Discover the most effective methods for evaluating and negotiating with suppliers, and creating sustainable competitive advantage for your organization and across the supply chain.
This stimulating course will examine procurement management as the integration of all business processes across the supply chain looking at strategic, tactical and organisational levels.
Learning Outcomes / Key Takeaways
In this course you will be able to:
- Align your supply management strategy with the firm’s overall competitive strategy.
- Create and foster supplier relationships that support your overall strategy.
- Master negotiating techniques for cross-cultural, team and multi-party situations.
- Evaluate existing and potential suppliers using an effective assessment system.
- Establish supplier pricing models and explore cost reduction models.
- Leverage the 10-point planning guide for successful negotiations.
- Optimize your supply base considering your desired number and profile of suppliers.
This Course is suitable for C-Level Executives, Middle Level Managers, Senior Level Managers, Graduate Students and Entrepreneurs.
Module 1: Purchasing and the Organisation
- Purchasing and its contribution to the organization
- The Supply Chain
- The influence of the External Environment
- Purchasing Organizations
- The Procurement Cycle
- Critical Supply Strategies
Module 2: Supplier Management
- Transforming the Supplier Relationship
- Supplier Evaluation Criteria
- Appropriate Supplier Methodologies
- Total Cost Approach
- How to be a Good Customer
- Shrinking the Supplier Base
Module 3: Communication and Change
- Communication techniques of verbal, non-verbal and written
- Methods of communication lead to more productive work and minimize stress
- Communication and interaction openness develops trust
- Identification of interpersonal interaction methods
- Recognizing response to and perceptions of change
- Analyzing and preparing for the human reaction to change
Module 4: Negotiation Techniques
- Avoiding Confrontational Negotiating
- Developing Active Listening Skills
- Negotiating with an Angry Person
- Power Closes that are used on the Buyer
- Understanding the other Negotiator’s Power
- Negotiation Tactics and Countermeasures
Module 5: Managing Procurement Talent
- Attract And Retain Supply Management Talent
- Supplier Measurement
- Vendor Rating
- Action Planning
- Price, Cost, and Value
Each chapter focuses on clear objectives and skill demonstrations that can be easily linked to real life instances.
What does the course include:
- Course Notes
- Accelerated Adult Learning Techniques
- Certificate of Completion
- Manuals and Workbooks
Participants must have attended the sessions at least 80% in order to receive a CERTIFICATE from Bangkok School of Management.
BSM Facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of practical and academic expertise who teach the art and science of the subject.