The best managers always talk to their employees, though it is common knowledge, doesn’t mean this gets commonly practised. Communication gets especially vital for managers since higher expectations are placed upon them to be effective in the tasks that have been assigned to them by the upper management, as well as keeping the happiness of their employees in mind. Effective communication is an extremely vital practice from preventing any misunderstandings from both parties. This course will teach you how to engage your employees effectively and also cover the different aspects of communication, be it informal or formal.
Verbal and Nonverbal Communication
The desired outcome of the communication process is understanding. There are many different ways people can communicate and this course will shed light on both of the broadest methods of communication, those being, Verbal and Non-Verbal.
A communication network is the flow of information and conversation in the organization. Any communication in an organization passes through a communication network which means that communications in a business are regulated, managed and structured. There are two types of communication networks, formal and informal. The course provides insight on both of these networks and what each of these networks consists of.
- Graduate Students
- Mid-Level Managers / Senior Managers
- Communication in the Workplace
- Types of Communication
- Communication Networks
- Communication Roles
- Verbal and Nonverbal Communication
- Individual Barriers to Communication
- Organizational Barriers to Communication
- Informal Communication
- Improving Organizational Communication
- Communication Skills for Managers
- Strategic Communication within Workplace Environment
- Communication Strategies and Public Relations
- Effective Communication with Stakeholders
For Programme Enrollment & Registration Please Contact:
Dr. Edward Roy Krishnan
* You can also reach us real-time using our Live Support Or Contact Us on the website. Our representatives are available from 9AM to 6PM, Thailand time.
$1,999 per Participant
Upon successful completion of our short-term 2-Day, 3-Day, 5-Day, 10-Day or 15-Day programmes, with at least 80% attendance at the scheduled training sessions, participants would earn the Bangkok School of Management certification. In addition, participant who successfully obtains BSM certification would also qualify for a UK accredited certification, conditional upon
- submission of a 1,500 word essay concretely describing how he/she would utilize what he/she had learned from the training in his/her own job role, at his/her respective organization/company
- pay the assessment and certification fee of $250 USD. The award would be conferred by the College of Birmingham (COB) / School of Business (SOB). The certification will be verifiable online through the official COB, UK website. Please contact your training coordinator for more information.
UK accreditation and certification could be earned for this training, subject to submitting a 1,500-word essay concretely describing how you would utilize what you learned from the training in your current job role, in addition to paying an assessment and certification fee of 250 USD. The award would be conferred by the College of Birmingham (COB) / School of Business (SOB). The certification will be verifiable online through the official COB website. Please contact your training coordinator for more information.