Furthermore, it must be taken note that the term “Personal Information” refers to any information that relates to the User. These information can then be used, either directly or indirectly, to identify the User.
BSM takes precautions to protect their user’s personal information, thus when submitting the information via the World Wide Web, we make sure that it is secured at all times. Also, BSM adheres to the principle of data protection and privacy and endeavors to implement it within the extent permissible under Thai law.
Accessing the Website
Like any other websites, BSM uses certain analytics systems to collect anonymized statistics. Such may include the number of page visits per week, the average number of pages viewed by Users, domain names (e.g. .com, .ac.uk, .net) of hosts, referring sites (e.g. Google.com, Yahoo.com), browser summaries (e.g. the number of visitors using Microsoft Internet Explorer or Firefox), and Operating System reports (e.g. the number of page requests made using Windows XP, Windows Vista, [Mac] OS X or Unix). It is for the main purpose of improving the content and functionality of our website that we collect these information. Other than that, we do not intend to use such for any other purpose it may serve.
However if the situation may call for it, BSM may disclose summary statistics to third parties but it will not include any personal information (e.g. email addresses) nor will it be attributed to any individual.
Lastly, the data on which the summary statistics are based from is protected from public access as per BSM’s policy and can only be viewed and disclosed by authorized personnel.
BSM Website Forms are available to use on the website where our Prospect Clients are usually required to fill up their Personal Information e.g. in the admissions Application Forms, Download Prospectus, Live Chat and Contact Form.
Personal Information Use and Protection
The Personal Information we have gathered from our Prospect Clients through our website at www.bsm.ac.th as aforementioned will be processed up to the extent permitted by Thai law. As such, they may be used by BSM or third parties to provide the Users with further information they would need in regards to any relevant services. These information in turn will be summarized on a mailing list or database for this purpose, unless a User objects from it which can be done by informing BSM in writing. Furthermore, these may also be passed on to a third party (a ‘data processor’) with whom BSM has formally contracted to process the Users’ data.
In addition to other uses described herein, BSM will have access to and may use the Personal Information that the User Submits on or provides in connection with the Website for administering, managing and providing other services for the below purposes including but not limited to:
- processing User’s registration and facilitating User’s participation in the Website;
- enabling User to share Content and communicate with other users;
- enabling BSM to communicate with User;
- customizing the service BSM provides to User and/or other users;
- providing User any services that may be available on this Website from time to time;
- monitoring compliance with the Agreement and complying with applicable law and regulations, and BSM policies; and
- investigating any complaints about the use of the Website.
In some cases, in order to protect the legal rights, privacy, safety, security or legitimate interests of BSM, its directors, officers, employees, agents, and suppliers, the Users’ Personal Information may be disclosed as well. These instances may include, but are not limited to the following:
- protecting the safety and security of visitors to the Website
- complying with BSM policies; enforcing the Agreement
- responding to inquiries or requests from public authorities
- permitting BSM to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that it may sustain
- protection against fraud, crime, illegal activity, anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism, or for risk management purposes; or otherwise in connection with legal, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes.
On a last note, if BSM appoints one or more third parties to host, maintain, manage, or provide other services in relation to the Website, the Personal Information included in the Website may be accessed and used by such third parties up to the extent necessary to fulfill their hosting, maintenance, managerial, and/or any other function.
This privacy notice was last updated in June 2018 and will be reviewed annually.