Realizing and acknowledging the fact that coursework completion (Taught Master’s programme) is not the only way to fulfill the requirements for a traditional master’s degree qualification, and being an innovative, progressive, and industry relevant training and development center in the heart of Bangkok, we at Bangkok School of Management have come up with, the internationally benchmarked, Master’s through Research programme whereby mature postgraduate candidates would be be able to pursue and complete their master’s degrees through demonstration of advanced subject-matter expertise through extensive research involvement and thesis publication rather than mere coursework.
While Master’s through Research provides students with strong preparation and training for a doctorate (PhD) through research, it is also a postgraduate qualification in its own right, as not all Master’s through Research students would ultimately progress to a PhD programme.
Master’s through Research programme option enables students to be trained in their respective chosen discipline through original investigation and supervised research, either on an individual basis or as part of a research team. Alongside, students are expected to attend and/or present papers at minimum two national or international conferences/seminars, in the specific chosen discipline. (NOTE: During the course of the degree, you would be seeking opportunities to present your work at major conferences and/or in refereed research publications).
European Global School is established as a private higher institution to promote programmes internationally. The French higher education system is characterized by the coexistence of several types of institution. There are: universities; grands établissements publics (major public institutions); grandes écoles (elite schools); administrative public institutions; private higher education institutions or schools. European Global School falls under the category of private higher education establishment. The degrees obtained from the European Global School are in accordance with the French Code – Decree of January 25th, 1876, Articles L. 731-2, L. 731-3 and L. 731-4 – since October 01, 2015 under receipt No. E-15-04 to offer higher education awards at Bachelor, Master and Doctorate levels. The UAI (unité administrative immatriculée) is 0755835K. For more information about the university’s legal / academic status, along with its degree granting authority, please contact the French Embassy in your respective country, and/or contact the French Ministry of Education, in Paris, France.
- Students must study the module RESEARCH METHODOLOGY: Quantitative & Qualitative Analyses via BSM Learning Management System and submit a mini-research paper of minimum 5,000 words.
- Attend at least two national/international seminars or conferences in the chosen field of specialization – as a delegate and/or as one of the seminar/conference presenter (this is to be self-initiated, pursued and completed by the student – evidence of which is to be submitted to the university for validation and records).
- Carry out and complete a full fledged empirical study, as well as submit a thesis (containing minimum of 5 chapters) of no less than 30,000 words in the chosen field of specialization.
- Defend the thesis through a viva-voce session either in person at Bangkok School of Management, or via Skype conference.
- Airline Studies/Aviation
- Applied Management
- Artificial Intelligence
- Asian Studies
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Business Studies
- Cognitive Studies
- Commercial Property Management
- Community Resource and Development
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Programming
- Computer Science
- Construction Management
- Corporate Law
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Data Management
- Design Thinking and Innovation Management
- Education Psychology
- English Literature
- Environmental Studies
- European Studies
- Fashion Design
- Food and Beverage Studies
- Geriatric Studies
- Graphic Design
- Health Care Management
- Hotel Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems Management
- Information Technology
- Information Technology Engineering
- Information Technology Management
- Interior Design
- International Business
- International Law
- International Studies
- International Trade and Business
- Internet Marketing
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Library Sciences
- Maritime Studies
- Media Studies
- Multimedia Design and Application
- Nutrition and Health
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Political Science
- Project Management
- Property Management
- Public Administration
- Public Health
- Public Relations
- Publicity Management
- Real Estate Management
- Religious Studies
- Research and Development
- Sales and Marketing
- Social Studies
- Social Work
- Software Engineering
- Special Education
- Special Event Management
- Sports Management
- Sustainability Studies
- Technology Management
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Tourism and Hotel Management
- Tourism Management
- Women’s Studies
Whilst most of the courses do not set an exact deadline for applications, students are advised to apply 2-3 weeks prior their preferred date of commencement to secure the place and organise any sponsorship or funding.
International students are encouraged to apply 1 month prior the commence of the preferred programme. This allows sufficient time to process our decision, for you to obtain visas and to organise your accommodation and travel arrangements.
Application forms should be provided directly to Bangkok School of Management via our online application form. Simply click on the ‘Apply Online’ button or visit our campus.
Here is the list of documents required for the Master’s through Research admissions:
- Education Certificates + Transcripts
- Latest CV / Résume
- 2-3 Reference Letters (past or current employer(s) or professors)
- Personal Statement (500 words)
- Passport Copy
- Passport Size Photo (jpg format)
- 500 THB Application Fee
1st Installment – 62,000THB (Upon Enrollment)
2nd Installment – 52,000THB (Beginning of 3rd Month)
3rd Installment – 42,000THB (Beginning of 5th Month)
Total – 156,000THB
First day of every month.
Who should attend?
Master’s through Research option is most suitable for mature individuals, who prefer the idea of intensive research and a more independent approach to working toward their master’s degree, without the constraints of attending timetabled lectures. This option is most favored by professionals who enjoy engaging in critical investigation and evaluation of an approved research topic/area. They are keen on demonstrating an understanding of research methods appropriate to the chosen field of study and investigation.
After having developed a research proposal under the supervision of a senior academic assigned by Bangkok School of Management, the individual typically carries out an extensive research, using detailed research methods, and then proceeds to analyzing and interpreting empirical data collected from the field, and finally publishing his/her findings, conclusions and recommendations.
The Master’s through Research degree is assessed entirely by the individual research work carried out by the student (process) along with the thesis produced and published / final research output (product), in addition to an oral examination (viva voce), to be cleared face-to-face at BSM campus or via SKYPE from anywhere around the world.
While taught master’s degree students follow a structured timetable and a series of lectures, tutorials and seminars with their peers, research master’s degree students are typically self-motivated to assert themselves to carry out their own investigations, analyze their results in regular consultation with their assigned supervisor(s).
The Master’s through Research facilitated by Bangkok School of Management, and duly validated and awarded by the European Global School – Paris is a nationally recognized (French Ministry of Higher Education and Research) and internationally accepted degree programme signifying high levels of achievement in research. The programme develops extensive subject expertise and independent research skills which are honed over an extended period of time. Students would undertake substantial, original research project for the duration of the degree, under the supervision and guidance of senior academic assigned by Bangkok School of Management, with the approval of the European Global School – Paris. Consequently, the following would be achieved by students pursuing and completing the Master’s through Research Degree:
- an internationally recognized research qualification;
- possess advanced subject expertise at postgraduate level;
- master research skills through practice and extensive research experience;
- become sought-after candidate for employment as employers are constantly looking for high calibre graduates with advanced skills who can demonstrate independence through research.