Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT Self-Study Mode) prepares future educators to enter the classroom ready to create a community of high achievement for all students. With a passionate commitment to equity and social justice, MAT candidates become content experts who create innovative and rigorous learning experiences for youth.
Is MAT Self-Study Mode Best Option For Me?
The Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT Self-Study Mode) focuses primarily on the advancement of your teaching career. This is the degree most often pursued by people who want hands-on teaching experience and are seeking to work directly with students. The MAT focuses heavily on advanced coursework in a specific subject to hone your expertise. Coursework for the MAT also focuses on pedagogical theory and implementation. Essentially, the MAT will teach you how to be a teacher: methodology, stylistic approach, etc. Oftentimes, the Master of Arts in Teaching consists of hands-on experience that places you in a classroom as a student teacher to practice what you are learning. The innovative curriculum is designed to help students think critically, solve problems creatively and communicate effectively — exactly the kind of skills that employers and graduate schools want most.
Are You Ready?
If you don’t keep learning you could be left behind. Passionate teachers understand that perhaps the greatest benefit of earning a MAT degree is the large number of additional skills they acquire, allowing them to stand out as leaders in the classroom. Why not make an investment in your future and your career success, by participating in the MAT? You’ll gain confidence and vigor, as well as gain different perspectives about your teaching skills, from your mentors and peers. All you have to do is begin—the time will fly by and the rewards will be great.
It’s never a bad idea to go to graduate school, whether you’re pursuing a Master’s in Teaching or in another area. Earning your MAT provides you with the opportunity to change students’ lives inside the classroom. MAT degree can help make you a better teacher. The degree focuses on teaching with heavy emphasis on pedagogy, teaching methods, philosophy of education, and educational technology.
Schools need highly qualified, expert teachers to improve the quality of education, and a MAT degree tells a school you are a valuable, knowledgeable teacher that will have a positive impact on your students.
- Creating Open Educational Resources
- Changes in Science Education
- Exploring Equality and Equity in Education
- Facilitating Group Discussions
- Inclusive Education
- The Interplay Between Leading and Learning
- Issues in Research with Children and Young People
- Learning to Teach: An Introduction to Classroom Research
- Learning to Teach: Becoming a Reflective Practitioner
- Learning to Teach: Making Sense of Learning to Teach
- Play, Learning and the Brain
- Educational Leadership and Management
- Possess a recognized Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Completion of previous higher education degree in the English medium.
- Possess 3+ years of professional experience in the field of education / teaching.
- Complete the application form, including the statement of purpose section, and submit it along with all relevant documents (could be done online, or through BSM agents or partners).
- Application will be reviewed and upon approval, a conditional acceptance letter will be issued by Bangkok School of Management (BSM).
- Upon receiving the conditional acceptance letter, the student is to pay the enrollment fee of 3,000 USD to Bangkok School of Management, or BSM agents or partners (note: students could start their self study of individual courses at this stage, while waiting for the official confirmation of enrollment at the European Global School (EGS-Paris).
- In 4-6 weeks, the student would receive the Student Registration Certificate from EGS – and at this stage, he/she could verify his/her official status at the university by visiting http://verify.egs.
- Student continues to self study all the 12 courses until he/she is ready to submit all 12 Statements of Participation (SOP) + 12 Reflection Papers (RP).
- Student submits all 12 SOPs and RPs to authorized personal at BSM (email@example.com) or to BSM agents or partners (via email), along with remaining fee of 1,500 USD to Bangkok School of Management, or BSM agents or partners.
- 12 SOPs and RPs are reviewed, assessed and evaluated.
- Student is conferred with the nationally recognized, internationally accredited EGS qualification.
One Time Payment:
Total: 150,000 THB
1st Installment – 93,000 THB
2nd Installment – 63,000 THB
Total – 156,000 THB
Any Time of the Year
Find out all you need to know about our Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT Self-Study Mode) here at BSM Thailand, in partnership with The European Global School. Please fill out the details below and we will schedule a trial session for you.Book Trial Class