As the academic affiliate of the European Global School (EGS) – PARIS in Thailand, Bangkok School of Management (BSM) serves as the official support center for EGS to offer opportunities for well-grounded and experienced professionals in various specialization fields of study and/or career to benefit from its Doctorate-through-Research (DTR) and/or Doctorate-through- Publication/Portfolio (DTP) programmes.
The DTR and DTP programme allows those professionals who have not followed the traditional academic route toward a doctorate degree to nevertheless obtain the highest academic recognition for having undertaken and produced practically-based innovative research, and independently developed their research and other related analytical problem-solving skills and subject knowledge up to the Doctorate level.
This may also include professionals entering higher education in mid-career, especially in practice-based disciplines such as management, education, public health, psychology, business administration, commerce, law, sciences and much more.
- Submit stand-alone, and/or compilation of research-based-written-work (min. 10,000 words and max. 30,000 words) and/or scholarly-publication or portfolio with an introduction segment describing how all items in the compilation of previous publication, as well as portfolio, consistently demonstrate contribution to the existing body of knowledge and practice in a specialized field of expertise (minimum 5,000 words and maximum 10,000 words).
- Defend the submission (scholarly work in the form of a research paper, previous publication or portfolio) in front of a panel of experts consisting of both internal and external examiners from both BSM and EGS (oral examination).
- Demonstrate that he/she has thoroughly and critically investigated a specific area of research and made an independent and original contribution to the existing body of knowledge as well as professional practice.
Examples of Materials acceptable for Publication Submission:
- Refereed articles or papers in journals
- Conference proceedings
- Chapters in books
Examples of Materials acceptable for Portfolio Submission (requires collection of evidence that documents and authenticates processes and outputs):
- Project reports
- Published books/chapters/articles/manuscripts
- Project materials
- Software programs
- Multimedia packages
- Feedback from project sponsors
- Design materials
- Conference papers
- CD/DVD/video/film presentations
- Possess a recognized Master’s Degree or its equivalent.
- Have completed previous higher education degrees in English medium.
- Possess at least 5 years of professional experience in the field of specialization the Doctorate Degree is applied for.
- Education qualification documents.
- One passport-size photo.
- Passport copy / national ID card.
- C.V. / resumé including all publications / portfolios.
- Summary or portfolio of published materials.
- Statement of intent.
- DR.EDWARD ROY KRISHNAN, M.A.Curr.& Instruc.(Michigan),M.B.A.,Ed.D.,Ph.D. Psych. (Paris)
- DR. ISHA DARAMY, Ph.D.LEADERSHIP MANAGEMENT (USA),LLM,MSW,MS in Intercultural Human Rights Law, LLB/JD, BS LEGAL STUDIES
- DR.JOHAN VAN ROOYEN, PhD Economics,Edinburg University,MBA Economics, Harvard Business School, BSc Industrial Engineering, University of Pretoria, BA HR, University of Pretoria
- DR. HERMANN GRUENWALD,Ph.D.Adult and Higher Education Administration, Master of Education – Professional and Continuing Education, Master of Business Administration (Finance), Master of Architecture, Dipl. Ing. (FH) (Architectural Engineering Degree)
- DR. ANNA FAUNGFAH AMPONSTIRA, PhD in Management, MBA, MA in Mass Communication, BA in English Communication
- DR.VICHUDASTHALANAND, PhD, MA, BA
The Role of the Supervisor
The nominated supervisor will act in a similar role to that of a supervisor for a standard PhD Project, but with more emphasis on being a mentor to the candidate. They will act as a source of support and guidance during the preparation of the research material for examination (oral defense) and for administration of the examination (oral defense) process.
• Guide the candidate in the final selection of publications for inclusion in the submission;
• Support and advise on the development of the introductory section;
• Guide the candidate in relation to the coherence of the body of work to be submitted;
• Advise the candidate in relation to any research training requirements
• Make arrangements for the examination (oral defense), including nomination of the examining team
• Support the candidate through the examination (oral defense) process.
Awards to Choose From
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
- Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A)
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D)
- Doctor of Psychology (Psych.D)
- Doctor of Management (D.Man)
The following doctorate awards could be earned through the DTR or DTP options at BSM. The doctorate qualification is conferred by EGS-Paris; a French government recognized degree- granting body. The university is recognized by the French Ministry of National Education, Higher Education and Research, and is registered as a private higher education institute under the French Code de l’Education – Décret du 25 janvier 1876, Articles L. 731-2, L. 731-3 et L. 731-4.
- Completed application form, along with the enrollment fee (first Installment) of 4,000 USD to Bangkok School of Management bank account (of the total 12,000 USD fee).
- Required supporting statements (statement of intent) in the application form.
- All previous education qualification documents.
- One passport size photo (in formal attire).
- Passport Copy (photo page) and/or Copy of National ID Card.
- Full C.V. including all publications and research outputs.
- Brief summary of the relevant publications and/or portfolio materials to be included in the final doctorate submission.
- Evidences of substantial body of work and skills that can be considered to be the equivalent of a traditional PhD at the beginning of the writing‐up process.
- Be likely to meet the required standard for a PhD.
- Include evidence of a unifying theme across the publications/outputs.
- Include evidence of originality.
- Include evidence of research skills equivalent to those expected of a traditional PhD student in the relevant discipline.
Request a Callback
The Doctorate-through-Research (DTR) or Publication/Portfolio (DTP) award allows people who have not followed the traditional academic route towards a PhD to obtain academic recognition for having undertaken and produced research, and developed their research skills and subject knowledge to doctorate level.Contact Us