Cost reduction is the most favorable outcome any organization can hope to achieve to justify any business decision that is made. This course focuses on improving the skills of the Procurement Professional in the company. The intensive programme sheds light on the strategic importance of purchasing within departments and how certain ideas can be employed so as to reduce the total cost incurred by the supply chain. This can be done by achieving maximum efficiency in the procurement department of the organization. It is therefore important for the purchasing department to deliver constantly and provide ‘value for money’ by procuring products or services that always contribute to the well-being of the company. This course is for procurement officers who want to head back to their organization with concrete plans and strategies related to procurement.
The Supply Chain
The Supply Chain is the spine of your business, a good supply chain guarantees your product always gets to where you want it to be when you want it to be and to the right target. This course elaborates more on the beauty of the supply chain and how a business can mould a supply chain to reach peak efficiency and the effects of an efficient supply chain on all aspects of the business.
Negotiating in unfavourable circumstances
In the regular business environment deals are made left and right, however, the negotiators you face with each deal are never the same. With some, it is easy to negotiate a winning deal for both parties, however, sometimes the odds are stacked against you- maybe the other party is indifferent to your approach or just won’t budge when it comes to compromising. This training course elaborates on those situations where the negotiating gets truly difficult and explains to participants how to get around negotiating in unfavourable circumstances and emerge a winner!
- Graduate Students
- Mid-Level Managers / Senior Managers
Day One: Purchasing and the Organisation
- Purchasing and its contribution to the organization
- The Supply Chain
- The influence of the External Environment
- Purchasing Organizations
- The Procurement Cycle
- Critical Supply Strategies
Day Two: Supplier Management
- Transforming the Supplier Relationship
- Supplier Evaluation Criteria
- Appropriate Supplier Methodologies
- Total Cost Approach
- How to be a Good Customer
- Shrinking the Supplier Base
Day Three: Communication and Change
- Communication techniques of verbal, non-verbal and written
- Methods of communication lead to more productive work and minimize stress
- Communication and interaction openness develops trust
- Identification of interpersonal interaction methods
- Recognizing response to and perceptions of change
- Analyzing and preparing for the human reaction to change
Day Four: Negotiation Techniques
- Avoiding Confrontational Negotiating
- Developing Active Listening Skills
- Negotiating with an Angry Person
- Power Closes that are used on the Buyer
- Understanding the other Negotiator’s Power
- Negotiation Tactics and Countermeasures
Day Five: Managing Procurement Talent
- Attract And Retain Supply Management Talent
- Supplier Measurement
- Vendor Rating
- Action Planning
- Price, Cost, and Value
For Programme Enrollment & Registration Please Contact:
Dr. Edward Roy Krishnan
* You can also reach us real-time using our Live Support Or Contact Us on the website. Our representatives are available from 9AM to 6PM, Thailand time.
$1,999 per Participant
Upon successful completion of our short-term 2-Day, 3-Day, 5-Day, 10-Day or 15-Day programmes, with at least 80% attendance at the scheduled training sessions, participants would earn the Bangkok School of Management certification. In addition, participant who successfully obtains BSM certification would also qualify for a UK accredited certification, conditional upon
- submission of a 1,500 word essay concretely describing how he/she would utilize what he/she had learned from the training in his/her own job role, at his/her respective organization/company
- pay the assessment and certification fee of $250 USD. The award would be conferred by the College of Birmingham (COB) / School of Business (SOB). The certification will be verifiable online through the official COB, UK website. Please contact your training coordinator for more information.
UK accreditation and certification could be earned for this training, subject to submitting a 1,500-word essay concretely describing how you would utilize what you learned from the training in your current job role, in addition to paying an assessment and certification fee of 250 USD. The award would be conferred by the College of Birmingham (COB) / School of Business (SOB). The certification will be verifiable online through the official COB website. Please contact your training coordinator for more information.